2 Oct 2011

DW by Kanye West Spring/Summer 2012 Collection

Kanye West debuted his highly anticipated Spring/Summer 2012 collection last night at Paris Fashion Week, models such as Chanel Iman, Abbey Lee Kershaw and Jourdan Dunn hit the runway to strut their stuff in the new DW collection named after Kanye West's mother Donda West who passed in 2007.
 Love this dress..


Heres what singer Ciara had to say about the collection:

"It was amazing. The clothes, the feeling in the room, the energy backstage...I loved the pants, the colour-blocking and the orange, I loved the fur accessories, I loved the black dresses...There was a lot of attitude. It was strong, sexy... I loved it....I saw Kanye after, and I told him it was amazing. But there was so much chaos backstage - good chaos, of course. He was excited, and it was just so much good energy."


However, West's collection failed to impress many fashion critics..

Heres what The online Style Editor of the well- respected International Herald Tribune based in Paris, Jessica Michault had to say:

"I think that every one of the designers sitting in the front row at Kanye West must have had a deja vue moment at some point during the show
The Kanye West show, in my humble opinion, is proof that everyone can love fashion but not everyone can be a fashion designer. 
Ok ok... I will admit that I did like the shoes at the Kanye West show."

Lisa Armstrong of Britain's Daily Telegraph:

"Kanye West's fashion debut was like being subjected to an hour long MRI scan - but not as much fun...If this is the way fashion's going then anyone with any real talent should seriously consider a career in (British supermarket chain) Tesco instead."



Now this is an amazing collection!! Considering its Kanye's  first collection and comparing it to other celebs clothing line I think its fair to say Kanye West's collection in on another level.
However if we were to compare his collection with other designers collection, it would be clear to point out that this is Kanye's first collection, I think the collection could have been a lot stronger and expected a lot from him based on his personal style. There is always room for improvement and I cant wait to seem his next collection. Well done to Kanye. X

What Do You Think Of The Collection?


XoXo Patrice

1 comment:

  1. YOU HAVE BEEN NOMINATED!!!

    http://mizzentice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...